Monday, February 2, 2009

Traning the mind

I think recently I have read too much manga, that my head is filled with funny funny things. Actually I never plan to read that much, and it all start from reading a bit, but a lot of time ended up reading a lot. This is called a weak mind. I should have more determination, And should train my mind more. If I feel very tired, and want to relax, don't turn to manga, but turn to those quality book, that is edifying and inspiring.

Remember, that we may die anytime. It really can be just anytime. So, live the life to the fullest, never have any regreat,. Live in the present, and always try to do our best. If we always live all the moment wholesomely, that we won;t be afraid of death. But now, truthfully, I am still afraid of death. Haha. I still feel that I havent really done the things that I have to do.

My teacher ever told me, training the mind is like training the kid. You can't be too hard, or too loose. You have to do it middle way. Also, right thing at the right time. If the mind is tired, give it some rest. If it is too high, calm it down. The key here is mindfulness. If one is able to me mindful all the time, then one will be able to do his best at the moment.

Now, about my own spiritual practice, I think the progress has been quite slow recently. It;s time to rejuvenate myself. Yay! Have to be more discipline in my practice. But luckily, my precepts are still quite strong. Hehe. Need to work harder in developing my concentration.

Some list of qualities that I want to develop:
1. Be more humble
2. Be kinder
3. Be happier
4. Be more mindful
5. Be more gentle
6. Be more discipline
7. Be more generous
8. Be more stable
9. Be more joyful
10. Be more enthusiast
11. Be more efficient
12. Be faster

Hope that I can be better, and better, and better in all aspects.

May all beings be well and happy!
Sadhu!

No comments:

Post a Comment