Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sunset is coming soon

A very beautiful message by my teacher, Sayalay Dipankara.



Do you know where you came from?
What are you doing now?
Where do you want to go?

We have seen the sun rise (rebirth)
Now we are using up the energy from the sun (aging)
Soon the sun will be setting…. (death)

Are you ready to face the sun set?
Will you be happy or worried when the sun sets?

I will also have to face the sunset very soon.
Before that happens, I want to build a pagoda in my
heart.

The pagoda will be built with loving-kindness,
compassion, patience, truth and understanding. I hope
that you will also build the pagoda in your heart before
the sunset arrives.

When you ‘see’ the pagoda, wisdom will arise with
happiness.

And the sunset will be beautiful for you…

17 November 2003


Personally, I am also trying to build a Pagoda in my heart. I hope that I can make it in time, before the sun set. (:

May all beings be well and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment