Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Developing the heart

Recently, I feel that my heart is like roller coaster, I feel that my heart has been imbalance and unsteady. Well, that might be the charactersitic of feeling: anicca, but for sure, I still lack a lot of mental training. I should develop more equanimity. Like yesterday, I was very worried for my essay, then happy for a while. Then attending the meditation retreat, wuah, very good. Then when I look back to my assignments, hmm, down again.
Thus, training the heart and mind is very important.

Another thing is that I have to do the things that I have to do. Don't procrastinate or do those unnecassary things anymore. Ok, it might be hard to cut them all at once, and based on experience, cutting all of them all at once will last for a very short period, and also cause more harm. So, better to do daily positive reinforcement, rather than massive but unsustainable actions. I should know my own limit, and should build upon this.

Then, food matter. Hmm, I think I have been eating healthier now. Yay! Havent consume fast food for some time, and still all right. Instead, there is no desire to eat those, as whenever the pictures come out, the unhealthy factor like the fat and so forth is domineering. So, I think it's pretty good. Snacks consumption has gone down as well. Which is also a very good sign. But I still dun exercise regularly, which i heavily need! So, maintain healthy diet, and exercise regularly.

Then, cut down laziness! This is quite serious now. Laziness is also one of the main hindrances in the path. So, i needa put more effort. Also need to be more consistent.

In the end, it all comes back to the mind. Develop the mind with the wholesome qualities, especially with metta and mudita, besides Dana and Sila, which is the basis of the path.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment