Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Taking charge of my life

All the constraint to my self development is my mind. Hence, If I want to develop myself, I will have to conquer myself first. It is really all up to me, whether I want to practice hard, or indulge in laziness, whether I want to be more virtuous, or indulge in sensual pleasure.

Of course, with my current level of wisdom, I still not able to fully comprehend what is wholesome and what is unwholesome. However, I know that developing virtue is wholesome, and indulging in sensual pleasure is unwholesome. Greed, hatred and delusion are unwholesome, while loving kindness, generosity, virtue, faith, effort, mindfulness, wisdom, equanimity, are wholesome.

Thus, it is actually quite clear what should be done and what should not be. The simplest way might be to check the heart base, whether the mental factors arising is wholesome or unwholesome, and using right effort to always be wholesome. Of course, by using mindfulness also.

All of this practice are not easy, really not easy, but it is worth all the effort. This is the things that can lead me to real happiness, one of my life main purposes.

Remember this: True Dhamma rarely exist in this world, The chance of being reborn as human being is also very rare, the chance of listening to The True Dhamma is very rare and the chance of practising may be even rarer. So, I have to strive deligently. I have to always try my best in developing myself.

Apamadena Sampadetha! (Strive with Heedfulness!)

Sadhu!

No comments:

Post a Comment