Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Law of Cause and Effect

The Law of Kamma is one of the most fundamental and universal law in this world. We reap what we sow. For all action, there will be reaction. There is an effect, there is a cause preceding. This is the Law of Kamma, The Law of Cause and Effect.

Certainly, It is not easy to totally understand this law, and it takes a strong wisdom to comprehend it. But, even if we can understand this only a bit, we can benefit tremendously.

When I look at my practice, sometimes I am wondering why my progress is so slow. Then I realize: wait a minute. Have I put in enough effort? Have I put it enough cause? If not, how can I expect to get the result (effect)? Thinking thus, my mind become calmer, and I am able to get back my momentum in my practice.

It is cause and effect. So, if we have been clear of what we really want to achieve, we then need to be clear of what is the cause we need to put in so that we can achieve what we want. Putting the right cause is very important. We can't expect to get a mango tree if we plant an apple seed.


No comments:

Post a Comment