Saturday, January 30, 2010

A good death

Death is certainly a topic that some people try to avoid. However, death is the nature of us. When there is a birth, there is a death. So, rather than avoiding it, I feel that it is wiser to think about it and thus will be able to prepare for it as well.

I sometimes wonder, how will I die? When will I die? I am sometimes worried if I don't have enough time to practice in this life, and die unwholesomely. It is really scary if I think about it. As the last thought may determine where is my next life, it is thus one of the most important thought that I have to take care of. But what if I am terribly sick that time? Or if I have an accident? Or other occasion where I can't control my last thought comfortably?

The answer to these questions is: live a good life! If I always keep my precepts, always do good, develop wholesome qualities such as Loving Kindness, Compassion, Joy, Equanimity, Generosity, and keep on developing the mind through meditation, then our life will be quite safe. The positive energy will be there, as the result from the wholesome cultivation.
Always try to be wholesome, to do good. With this, wherever and whatever happen, the mind will stay strong and wholesome. And with a strong and pure precepts, we may live happily and blamelessly, and also die peacefully. ( :

No comments:

Post a Comment