Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A reflection on the mental attitude

When I am taking a fiesta this afternoon, a flash of high school memory come across my mind. I realize that I do really well in my high school study. Then, it come to my thoughts that in high school, I never really complain on any particular subjects, and yeah, I think I do quite well in all the subjects. I just took any difficult subject slowly, and just study them. Yeah, just study them, without really complaining that this hard, that not good, notes not good. Well, I refer more on my textbooks than my notes last time, so notes are not that important that time. But the point is, in studying a certain thing, I really go through them thoroughly, and "just study" them, until I get the point. 

Unlike now, I like to complain that this module is hard, the notes is not good, the lecturer is lousy, and so forth. In short, I keep on looking outward, to the things that is out of my control, rather than focusing in the things that are in my control. 
Now, I won't mind not going to lecture, skipping some chapters, not doing homework (I was not that diligent also, but still at least do my homework, though a lot of last minute). And as a result, I am not able to get a clear picture of some of the module. 

So, I suppose I have to change this attitude. Should take things more seriously.
Although I have agreed to play more and not serious in the university, I feel that I still don;t have a lot of spare time. I still spend a lot of time doing my school related work. So, I think it is better to be focus and serious. The key here is to be efficient, and at the same time, balance.
Well, I still got 2 more semester in NUS, so I think I may try new method. Ha ha. Of course, I still follow the motto" most with the least".
Ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment